Thursday, October 26, 2006

Isaiah Washington Apologizes for fight with Patrick Dempsey


"Grey's Anatomy" star Isaiah Washington has apologized to his co-stars following his heated argument with Patrick Dempsey on the set of the medical drama earlier this month.

Washington, who plays Dr. Preston Burke, and Dempsey, who plays Dr. Derek Shepherd, came to blows over shooting issues, but soon resolved their problems.

Following the incident, rumors surfaced Washington had used a homophobic slur during the argument. Ten days later their co-star T.R. Knight, who plays Dr. George O'Malley, said he was gay.

In a statement to People magazine, Washington says, "I sincerely regret my actions and the unfortunate use of words during the recent incident on-set.

"Both are beneath my own personal standards. I have nothing but respect for my co-workers and have apologized personally to everyone involved."

sfgate

No comments:

Post a Comment