Friday, November 3, 2006

Kanye West has tantrum on stage at the MTV Europe Music Awards



Hip-hop star Kanye West stormed on stage at the MTV Europe Music Awards Thursday night, when he missed out on Best Video to Justice Vs. Simian.

The rapper was nominated in three categories -- Best Male, Best Video for "Touch the Sky" and Best Hip-Hop -- at the Copenhagen, Denmark, award, but only took home the latter.

On the red carpet prior to the award, West told MTV, "I should definitely win best hip-hop. I should definitely win that (best video) also."

However, when French DJ Justice went on stage to accept the Best Video trophy for "We Are Your Friends," a furious West joined him.

West shouted, "[Bleep] this! My video cost a million dollars.

"Pamela Anderson was in it, I was jumping across canyons and [bleep]! If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility. Nothing against you (Justice Vs Simian), but hell man."

At the press conference afterward, West was still angry over the award, saying, "I haven't seen (the Justice and Simian video). Possibly it could have been quite good, but no way better than 'Touch The Sky.'

"That is complete [bleep], I paid a million. Obviously it's not all about the money, but the response it got transcended everything, it really made great TV. It took a month to film; I stood on a mountain; I flew a helicopter over Vegas. I did it to be the king of all videos and I wanted to walk home with that award.

"(The reason the other video won) -- That was some spread the love [bleep], 'Oh everyone should have an award.' Please press people print, 'Kanye says [bleep] that!'"

sfgate

No comments:

Post a Comment